CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Playing football by the Eiffel Tower

Tuesday, Aug. 11th, 2009

Well it's Tuesday again. I wasn't able to e-mail yesterday because it was Paris P-Day for the Paris-Villes, which you can probably figure out just means we get to go into Paris for one P-Day. It was my first Paris P-Day and it was fun. First thing we did was met at some field and played a big football game with a bunch of the elders from the Paris area. That went for a couple hours and was really fun, it was cool playing a football game in the middle of Paris with the Eiffel Tower off to one side and other famous things all around. Also it was kind of funny to have every tourist and every anybody walk by stop and watch a bunch of americans playing american football.
So we played till 1:30 or so then some of us walked over to the Paris Chinese elders' appartment to change and shower. And by the way I decided I want to get really good at my French so I can maybe get switched to a Chinese elder, I'm not sure why, I just like the downtown Parisness and their tiny little appartment and stuff. One of the Chinese elders mentioned that he is the only missionary in the world to sleep closest to the Eiffel Tower, which is kind of cool.



So after showering we went and ate kebabs and then just went to the Eiffel Tower to just take pictures and stuff. We pretty much just stayed there the whole time then had to leave a little earlier than we'd have liked because we had a rendez-vous but it was good too. So that was the highlight of the week.
Other than that I've just been getting moved and settled in, which is a pain but I'm well planted now. I'm still not super comfortable here and it just feels really different, like another mission. Paris P-Day was weird cuz I didn't know a ton of people there as where on the other side of the mission I pretty much knew everybody because of zone conferences and stuff. But it's cool to just meet a whole new group and stuff.
Anyways about my companion; he is from Oregon, he's been out for about 11 months or so and ya I don't know what else. We have different personalities but we get along fine.
But anyways it's cool to hear about calls and weddings and stuff, keep me updated on those things which would interest me.

0 comments: