CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Eating mushrooms & other "gross stuff"!/Loving Angers


I believe in a letter I got recently somebody mentioned something about me having two meals in a row with members or something and asked if we do that often. That is actually one thing that we have been doing a lot of. Last week we had 4 meals or something with members, and we have more lined up and stuff. We've been having a ton lately, mostly because working with members is about all we've been doing lately. We haven't really had other appointments for a while. But this is a really good ward and I think we can pretty much set stuff up with members as we please it seems. I don't think most places, if any other places, will be this good as far as members and what not but as for now the members are awesome. I kind of don't want to leave Angers, and am kind of maybe even a little dissappointed that I started here, just because few other places will be close to this good as far as members etc. I'm sure other places will be great but I think Angers is really kind of special. So anyways, ya as for right now meals at members' houses are very common. They weren't nearly as common last transfer but now we are just scheduling more things with members and can just about have as much set up as we want i think.
By the way you'd be proud, because of all our eating places I think I'm maybe getting to where I can eat more gross things. The other day we went to a member family's house and they made a sort of pie thing with just chicken and mushrooms, so the mushrooms weren't really get-aroundable. So I just told myself I was going to have to eat the whole thing, and I did. Maybe not a big step for most people, but I can think of no other time in my life that I have eaten actual mushrooms. I have also eaten numerous other things I would have never eaten before and I kind of hope I will just start to be more tolerant of gross stuff.
Oh another meal we had was yesterday a family from my companion's ward in Scotland was here and they took us out to a chinese place. So that wasn't going along with the gross stuff necessarilly, but that was just a little interesting and kind of cool to have people he knew come. 

0 comments: