CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 29, 2009

Sushi for dinner???


Here's Elder Lyman's email:

Ok, so it's Monday again. First of all, yes I know the Hitotos.  They live here and are in the ward. I couldn't remember Frere Hitoto's first name, but he is a black doctor and his wife is white, and they have 3ish kids. I haven't talked to them a ton but they are really nice, cool people.  She actually taught Sunday school yesterday.  I guess I'll have to talk to them next Sunday. As far as talking about my companion more, I don't know what to tell you.  I'll need specific questions probably. Yes, he has an accent & yes he is different than Elder Wagner. His name is Elder Snee. He is my only companion now because my other, temporary companion's companion got here. It's Elder Schwind as I told you, who me and Dane were pretty good friends with in the MTC, so that's cool. It's also cool to have someone newer than me.  I kind of feel like a normal veteran missionary, but not really. The French and everything is going fairly well though.  I think I see improvement. Yesterday we ate at a member's house and a bit to my surprise I just kind of talked and joked around with the family and the kids the whole time, so that was cool and I felt pretty good about it. They live like 45 minutes from Angers so that means we stay there for quite a while, so I was worried that after a few hours I might get burned out but it was good for the most part. But whenever that kind of thing happens I generally end up being brought down to earth soon after, and tonight we are eating at another member's house, so we'll see how that goes. Also I think he might be making us sushi, so I'm a bit worried. but it should be fine. If worst comes to worst, this member speaks English so I'll just tell him I’m going to vomit if I end up being disgusted by the sushi.

In other news, I finally got a letter from Dane so that was cool. You probably know I guess, but he is in a little city in France called Chalon (I believe that's correct). It doesn't look to be way far from here so letters will go pretty fast I think and that will be cool. He sounds like he's doing good. But anyways I don't have a whole lot else to say but I love and miss you all, Elder Lyman

 The couple that Elder Lyman talks about named Hitoto, are a couple that Jed’s brother Gordon and his wife Kay have met.  They have been friends with them for a few years.  Here is a picture that Kay sent to us in an email after she found out they are in Josh’s ward.  It is a small world.

 

 


0 comments: