CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

No Hot Water & Paris P-day



Hey all. Ok so if e-mails are saying they won't send to me that's because my mailbox is just about full. I really don't know what to do, I'm a pack-rat (don't know if you knew that) and don't want to delete e-mails.
Quickly to try to answer questions, I haven't been to any of the places that Kay asked about.
I have done a whole ton of stuff, just the normal stuff. I don'tremember how long ago it was so I don't remember if I mentioned it or not but recently we went to Chateau de Versailles for a district activity, which was cool.
It snows here sometimes, like last winter, but I guess not every winter, so it could.
Right now it is getting cold and our hot water is out. It wasn't working too great so we called a guy and he came and checked it out and said he'd be back to fix it when he could but something he did while just looking at it made it not work at all. So since friday we have had only freezing cold water, so we can't do dishes, shower, do laundry etc. There should be somebody coming this Friday, but I am convinced we will be long dead by then. It's ridiculous.
The reason I didn't e-mail till today is because yesterday was again Paris P-Day. So we played football and it was good as usual, I am super sore as always but extra because it was wet and slippery and slipping around made things be pulled in weird ways and my muscles just hurt. We didn't do anything else in Paris except shower at the Chinese elders apartment (where there is hot water) and eat because we had a rendez-vous after.
But it was actually a great rendez-vous, one of the best I've ever had. It was with the guy that I think I mentioned who was from a wrong number and he is golden. I don't want to even jinx things, but he is incredible. I feel a little overwhelmed that such an investigator is in my hands. He quit drinking coffee a few days ago without us asking just because he said he couldn't know unless he tried. And he was very addicted. And he was planning on becoming a Catholic priest but says now he thinks he believes this and said it's hard to just suddenly feel like he's maybe been in the wrong place his whole life. He is a miracle so far and things look great with him. We'll see him Sunday at church, then for a rendez-vous and then he's coming to the YSA FHE with us. So so far things are looking great with him.
Other than that there is a lot of good stuff as well. We seem to be doing a decent amount of good right now. Hopefully things will keep up.


0 comments: