CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 14, 2009

An afternoon with an Apostle



So it's monday. To answer mom's question if we ever got with the guy we were going to commit to baptism, not yet. When we call him we can never get ahold of him but every once in a while he calls us. So he called us Thursday night saying he was at the church for English class and we weren't there. He hasn't been to English class in forever and then just decided to go the night when we couldn't do it because we were in Versaille with Elder Bednar. So he said he would come to church and we had planned to teach him after and he didn't come, so we'll see what happens now.
As for Les Invalides, it is a war museum but why I said you'd just have to look it up is because it is a ton more. It has a giant cathedral inside, and military stuff happens there and I don't even know what, but it's much more than a museum because everything that it was used for when it was built still happens there. So I couldn't even begin to remember what it was all about, and also we really didn't spend any time on the normal tourist stuff and what not but rather just played on the roof and in the attics and stuff.
So it is transfer week and we found out on Saturday what is happening. I am staying here, my companion is leaving and I will be with a missionary from the other companionship here. So his companion is leaving and another missionary will come in and train a new missionary and they'll take over my companionship's stuff. So I'll still be here but I'll no longer be teaching who I was teaching and what not. I'm happy about that because the other equipe had tons of work and ours had none at all so now I should have things to do. So that's what is happening.
The only thing I can think of to report on from this week would be mission conference with Elder Bednar on Thursday, which was cool. So the entire mission came to the Versaille chapel for that. It was cool, he talked to us for a few hours. The way he did it was cool, he didn't speak to us but just took comments and questions and responded and we discussed etc. It was cool and I really liked him, he seemed very human which was cool but it's crazy how well he can answer questions people have. It was a really cool conference, hopefully that won't be too uncommon to have apostles coming for things like that, supposedly President Staheli said that we would be seeing a lot and he has all kinds of connections. We'll see I guess.
But I guess I need to wrap up here soon. First though, one of my pairs of shoes the soles are worn like to my feet and have been for a while now but my others aren't worn at all. So the thing is that I don't think this one pair will do and those other are basically done, so I'm not sure what to do. I'm not sure if buying and sending new shoes would be too expensive or what but I would have no idea what shoes I could rely on here or where to get them or anything. So anyways you could tell me your thoughts on the situation. But I guess I'll wrap it up. Love and miss you all.

0 comments: