CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Les Invalides


Here's Elder Lyman's email from this past week.

Ok well I will have to really hurry now, I had just wrote most of my e-mail and the page just died for no reason.
So anyway first of all I'll translate the sentence again: "It was necessarry that an atonement be made so that we can get to the Celestial Kingdom and live with our family in the presence of our Heavenly Father forever." So pretty close. (The sentence he gave us to translate last week: "Il fallait q'une expiation soit faite afin que nous puissions arriver au Royaume Cèleste et vivre avec notre famille en la prescence de notre Pere Cèleste a jamais")
Anyways me and another elder were impatient last night and so we went to a member's house who let us see the score and stuff so I knew. So of course I freaked and am now considering coming back and catching the rest of the season, we'll see. (the score he is taking about is the score of the BYU-Oklahoma game)
But it sounds like the week was good back there, I wish I could have been there for the sealing and everything, that's all awesome.
This week was pretty good here. We went to the Louvre on p-pay which was cool and also Sacré Coeur so that was fun. Not much happened during the week except a couple member rendez-vous and the rendez-vous where we planned to commit our investigator to be baptized got dropped last minute.
We did have our district activity on Thursday which was cool. Before it we had a joint district meeting which another district that we were doing the activity with and since our activity was in Paris we did it at the Paris church. Just down the street was the grand opening of a store called House of Hoops and there was a huge line outside because Lebron was there. So during district meeting I couldn't really concentrate with him downthe street so when it got to my task (we each do like a 5 minute thought or teaching thing) I said that for my task we were pausing district meeting to go get pictures with Lebron. So we went and stood in line for like a half hour and it turned out they weren't even letting people in, but before we got there Lebron had come out for a second and threw a basketball. So we didn't get to even see, though the chinese elders did when he came out.
But then we had our actual activity which was really cool. We went to Les Invalides, which is a big famous military building thing which you'll just have to look up I guess cuz I can't explain what it is really well. So it's a fairly cool place, it is huge and Napolean's tomb is there and also lots of other tombs of famous people and stuff. But what made it cool was that a branch president from a town around here is a firefighter there and so he gave us a free tour mostly just to restricted areas and stuff. So we got to see tombs of people that generally only there family members see and the coolest probably was we got to go mess around on the roof. So we were on this huge roof with Paris all around and it was just cool. I attached a couple of pictures from the roof but I don't think you can tell how cool it is but it was cool. But it was awesome. So that was basically the highlight of the week really. Not much other than that.



0 comments: